Flickr

watch zodwa wabantu dance new styles in DBN club

For a person with no matric and “no apparent talent,", she is doing the most. By the time she took me through the details of life as Zodwa Wabantu, I wanted to hug her.

I felt a strong need to let her know that she did good. I wanted to celebrate her strength. 

Zodwa is fully aware that her “career lifespan” is limited and said it several times during the interview. She's here for the money and nothing else. She's not interested in fame, industry status or status quo. She's planning a “quick in and out”.

“I’m not here for anything other than money. All I want is my money.”

She wants security and that is her definition of happiness. Looking at her past, I understand. I was also surprised that despite everything she has gone through, she credits God for the good and bad. That's how she lives her liberated life.

The thing about Zodwa is that you can't box her. She's no nudist but loves being naked. She acknowledges a higher power but makes her own rules. Socially constructed theories? Patriarchy? She’s not about that life.

“I’m not easily intimidated. I know who I am. As I said, growing up the way I did, I could have been a useless person drinking alcohol at home or having three children. Or I could have died, but I didn’t. So now I am living MY life. I don’t care. I am living my life, my way”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Kategori

Kategori

Search This Blog

Arsip

Powered by Blogger.

Recent Comments

Popular

Formulir Kontak

Name

Email *

Message *